Quick Start Guide: For New Members

Learn how the forums work and chat with other developers and sysadmins.

New here? This is a great place to get started. Here are a few things that will help you:

What is Server Side Up all about?

Server Side Up’s community exists to:

• Provide a friendly space for people to ask questions about anything related to learning application development and technology

Server Side Up was started by Dan and I (Jay). In 2011, we started a company called 521 Dimensions – named after the room number of our dorm room where we met as random roommates.

We often went above and beyond our classroom to learn a new technology, so we created Server Side Up to share our experiences. We wanted to make a quality resource widely available for learning technology outside of a traditional classroom.

What are the rules of the community?

Our expectations are simple: Be a helpful and friendly community member. Treat others the way you want to be treated.

If you need a deeper explanation, read our guidelines.

Make sure you fully understand these guidelines, because we have a very low tolerance for any unwelcome sarcasm, harassment, or non-sense.

How can I help Server Side Up?

Dan and I are currently doing agency work to keep the lights on. We would love to go full-time on Server Side Up, but we need support to do so.

Support doesn’t only mean giving us money. There are many ways you can help us:

1. Be active on the forum, help others if you can answer their questions
  2. Keep learning and sharing cool things
  3. If you really like us, buy our book or buy us a beer
  4. Most important: Enjoy your time here and be a friendly community member!

Still have questions?

Reach out to one of our admins.

What should I do next?

If you haven’t done so already, say hello on our “Introduce Yourself” category. :wave:

1 Like