Hey, I'm Jonathan

What do you do for a living?

I handle all the tech for an online fitness coaching service. Web app, mobile apps, tech support, deployment, etc.

Thatā€™s what brought me here. Iā€™m looking to revamp our tech stack to make it simpler to manage and progress on. The idea of using one codebase for both the web and mobile apps is appealing, so Iā€™ve got the book and look forward to learning more about Vue and developing our next versions.

What hobbies do you have?

I like the typical ā€œengineer guyā€ stuff. Sports, video games, board games, TV and movies.

Besides that, my wife and I have a large garden in our backyard that takes up a good amount of time and provides food and exercise along with it. We have hundreds of fruits and vegetables growing, with 50+ varieties of tomatoes alone.

Weā€™ve also done a lot of international travel, though that was put on hold with COVID. England and Japan are our favorites.

Favorite music or bands?

I donā€™t keep up with new music for the most part. Iā€™m stuck in the 1960s-2000s. :smile:

What are you learning right now?

For the past few years Iā€™ve been working mostly with Angular, so Iā€™m excited to start learning more about Vue.

1 Like

Thanks for joining us!!

We have a lot of things in common. TIL there are 50+ varieties of tomatoes, thatā€™s awesome!!

Japan is in my top places to visit too. Would love to make it there some day.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

1 Like

Thanks, happy to be here.

Oh yeah, there are at least 10k types of tomatoes! The vast majority will never be found in the stores since itā€™s just not profitable to grow and sell them all. The only way to try them is to grow them yourself or get them from another person who is. :smile:

As someone who has tried dozens of them so far, I can say that each have their subtle differences, but they all taste fairly similar too. Perhaps itā€™s like wine, in that way? Though Iā€™d guess wine has more depth to it.

Re: Japan ā€“ Tokyo has so much to see and Kyoto is beautiful!

1 Like

Hi @jon ,

Welcome! Glad you are picking up some Vue, itā€™s an amazing framework.

Your vegetable garden sounds amazing! I also didnā€™t know there were so many tomatoes. Iā€™m just learning the basics of how to grow food myself. Any recommendations on how to learn gardening/micro-farming, Iā€™d love to hear them! Having something thatā€™s completely separate from the computer is very enjoyable and peaceful.

Keep us in the loop if you have any Vue questions as they come up. I used angular for about a year a very long time ago and found Vue to be amazing, but there are some big differences.

Japan is also on the list for travel spots, I hear they have an amazing coffee scene :smile: !

1 Like

MIgardener is a good YouTube channel for getting started with gardening. He can be a little long-winded at times, but yeah thatā€™s how my wife got started and kept learning from there. She learns from everywhere and I learn from her. :sweat_smile: