Appreciation for Amplitudejs

I recently did a discourse integration with amplitudejs. I was skeptical at the beginning for some reason, but it turned out really well at the end. It was challenging after all to hook a whole music player into discourse posts and praying that things donā€™t fall apart :wink: . Iā€™m not sure yet if Iā€™m allowed to share the details of my work, but Iā€™ll give some details once Iā€™m clear. As a dev, this is a lot more than you can ask for, once youā€™re familiar with the API.

1 Like

Thank you so much @fzngagan, Iā€™m glad that you got it working with Discourse and it didnā€™t fall apart :blush: ! Iā€™d love to see the project if/when you can share it. Weā€™ve always wanted to do a ā€œuser galleryā€ of some sorts in the future to promote projects in the future, even if itā€™s a link somewhere.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your experience @fzngagan!

I am very interested in hearing more on this comment:

What made you feel skeptical? How could AmplitudeJS be better?

1 Like

Maybe part of it was my lack of knowledge of the API. The second thing, which is a personal choice and not at all a complain in any way, but I really like tutorials starting with bare minimum. Just 4-5 lines that make the thing work. Then building up on it towards advanced stuff. But being an open source dev myself, I know how hard it is to write/update guides and docs and you guys already did a great job. So thatā€™s my 2 cents.

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback! Constructive criticism only makes the product better!

Might be a little late, but @danpastori is talking about releasing a ā€œbare minimumā€ example in the next release.

Thanks for your compliments and feedback. Itā€™s greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Thatā€™s wonderful. I might also be able to answer some questions in #get-help:amplitudejs category as they come up :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Thanks much! You rock :clap:

1 Like